|Product Name:||Package Clamp Test Machine||Max. Specimen Weight:||500kg|
|Clamping Board Size:||H*D 48*48inch||Clamping Board Adjustable Height:||0~500mm|
ista package testing,
packaging testing equipments
Package Clamp Test Machine ISTA Packaging Testing Equipment
Clamp test Machine simulates the process the schnabel car discharge the package, during this process, the clamping force of the both boards will affect the package and cargo. And this test is to evaluate the resistance property of the package toward this clamping force.
|Specimen shape||Parallelepiped transport package|
|Max. Specimen weight||500kg|
|Clamping pressure force||According to the transport diagram on the test sample, the operator can add 400~3000Lb (adjustable) pressure force on the corresponding surface|
|Clamping board size||H*D 48*48inch|
|Clamping board adjustable height||0~500mm|
|Elevation speed||10~300mm/min optional|
|Clamping board expansion width||200~2000mm|
|Baseboard dimension||W*D 1500*1500mm|
|Clamping board requirement||Make sure the two clamping board are flat, parallel and non-deform under the work condition(2000Pound) and clamp board and land are vertical. Clamping board thickness no less than 25mm.|
|Corrector of force||Force value display used to correct clamping force|
|Force precision||National standard 1.6 level|
|Operation||Manual operating rod simulates fork truck actual operating actions such as clamping control, opening, lifting up, lifting down or automatic switching mode operation (clamping board thickness no less than 25mm)|
|Device width||Less than 2.5m|
|Test Space(L x W x H)||100x 100 x 100cm|
Overload protection, overvoltage protection & limited position protection device
Clamp Compression Testing Method of Large Products:
1.Before placing the packaged product between platens, verify that the clamp force using the clamp indicator. The indicator should be placed between the axes of the platen articulation points approximately 1/2 way up the platens.
2.Each time the product is clamped, the force should be applied for a minimum of 15 seconds and not to exceed 1 minute.
3. Apply the clamp force on the sample with the platens resting on the floor and the front edge of the platens flush with the front of the package (see flush platen photo 4). If the package is too large for the clamps to be flush to front edge (i.e., large refrigerator, tractor etc.), clamp as close to the edge as possible.
4. Clamp the product a total of 10 times in the flush orientation.
5. Apply the clamp force on the packaged product with the platens in a 6×6 inch(15.2x15.2cm) offset position(see fig 5 ). Both the horizontal and vertical offset dimensions are measured at the front bottom corner of the platen. If the package is too large for the clamp to be positioned 6-inches from the front edge (i.e., large refrigerator, tractor etc.), clamp as close to this position as possible.
1)Exception number 1: for large products with an obvious, visible external skid(see fig 6), offset clamp testing is not conducted if the product does not extend beyond any part of the skid and there is some form of handling graphic or note that indicates to clamp only from the skid. If there is no graphic or not indicating this or there is some overhang beyond the skid, then the entire clamp test protocol is conducted.
2) Exception number 2: If the product height, when placed in its normal shipping orientation, is ≤ 12 inches, the 6 x6 inch offset testing is not conducted.
6. Clamp the product a total of 10 times with the clamp in the 6 x6 inch offset position.
7. Repeat step 5.2.5 except with a 2 x6 inch offset clamp position. The 2 x6 inch offset is similar to the 6 x6 inch offset except the platens are oriented such that they are 2-inches from the floor and 6-inches back from the package’s front edge. If the package is too large for the clamps to be positioned 2-inches from the front edge (i.e., large refrigerator, tractor etc.), clamp as close to this position as possible.
8. Repeat flush and offset clamping on all other sides of the product that are indicated in the handling graphics as acceptable for clamp handling.
According to verdict standards, if there is one item failed the test, then put forward the “Test Failure Handling Sheet
Contact Person: Kelly