The carton is required to have a certain compressive strength, because the carton stacked on the lowest layer is subjected to the pressure of the upper carton during the storage and transportation process after packaging the goods. In order not to collapse, it must have a suitable compressive strength.
The instrument for testing the compressive strength of the carton is called the carton compressive strength tester.
Carton Box Compression Tester ISTA Packaging Testing Machine With PC Control
The carton compression tester is a professional testing machine for testing the compression performance of cartons, suitable for compression, deformation and stacking tests of corrugated boxes, honeycomb boxes and other packaging. And take into account the compression test of plastic barrels (edible oil, mineral water), paper barrels, cartons, paper cans, container barrels (IBC barrels) and other containers.
Generally speaking, the main factors that affect the compressive strength are as follows:
1. Relative humidity
The moisture content of corrugated boxes increases or decreases with the increase or decrease of atmospheric humidity, and the compressive strength of corrugated boxes increases or decreases with the increase or decrease of moisture.
Relative humidity Moisture content Compressive strength
50% 8% 100%
65% 12% 90%
80% 14% 80%
90% 17% 60%
95% 23% 40%
2. Printing area
The compression resistance of full-page printing is reduced by about 40%.
3. Horizontal ribbon printing
(1) When the width of the central part of the carton is 125px, it is reduced by about 35%.
(2) When the width of the upper edge of the carton is 125px, it is reduced by 30%.
(3) When the width of the upper and lower edges of the carton is 125px, the width is reduced by about 37%.
4. Stacking method
Because the strength and stiffness of the four corners of the carton are relatively large, the four corners of the carton have the highest strength.
The best stacking method is flush stacking, but it is easy to fall when the carton is long.
5. Transportation and handling
During transportation, the corrugated box is subjected to shock and vibration, which makes the carton easy to fatigue and thus affects the strength of the carton. Multiple loading and unloading may cause a decrease in compressive strength, but the influence of these two factors is small, within 10%.
6. The influence of accumulated days
The long-term accumulation and storage of cartons under load will cause fatigue, and the compressive strength of cartons will gradually decrease.
Bulk weight (kg) Backlog time
1000 3 seconds
900 2~5 minutes
800 15~45 minutes
700 8~24 hours
600 15~55 days
7. The effect of box shape
The A-5 is the best, followed by the A-1.
8. The influence of the hand hole
(1) The larger the hand hole area, the lower the compressive strength.
(2) The closer the hand hole is to the upper cover or lower bottom, the lower the compressive strength.
(3) The hand hole is close to both sides of the carton, the lower the compressive strength.
9. Size influence
(1) The larger the peripheral length, the higher the compressive strength.
(2) The height is constant, the peripheral length is constant, and the compressive strength is the strongest when the width is 0.6 times the length.
(3) When the length and width are fixed, the height changes the most between 250px and 875px, strong-weak. If the height increases from 875px upward, the compression resistance will gradually increase, but the change is very small.
Contact Person: Miss. Lisa
Tel: +86 13829267288